Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Helga´s Online class part 2

Do you remember the circle grid I´ve made last week as part 1 of Helga´s online class?
This week she wants us to take a magazine, tear and cut out pics that appeal to us, and make a collage with them, using one of our grid patterns from last week for the background, and embellishing the whole thing in the end.
I have used a magazine that I had already thrown away and was surprised when I found so many beautiful photos in the "trash". The purple background with golden fleur de lis pattern is from an ice cream advertisement, and it´s the reason why I´ve chosen the circles stamped with the lid of my glue stick for the background. I then added a stamped fleur de lis inside the circles here and there.
I remember that we had to do a magazine collage at school and that it came out quite ugly and made me hate collages for the next three decades of my life. I wish I´ve had a teacher like Helga in my youth because maybe I´d have more fun with collages then at an earlier point of my life.
This collage is about 11,6 x 8,15 inches, and I´ve really had fun with it today!

5 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

eine tolle Collage!Hammer!
Eigentlich hatte ich einen tollen Kunstlehrer zuletzt... aber wir haben keine Collagen gemacht...vielleicht ist das der Grund, warum ich mich so schwer damit tue!

Gratulation zu Deiner Lehrerin!

Cindy McMath said...

Great collage Marion!!

Cindy :)

Paula said...

Cool! Especially love the fleur de lis in the circles!

ute said...

superschöne Collage geworden,
die Bildchen sind so genial eingesetzt, richtig stimmig für mich

.Trudi Sissons said...

This is beautiful Marion - I wish I had time to play too!