Pages

Monday, May 29, 2017

Strange?

Are you making and trading ATCs? If so, what do you think: Why are most of them beautiful/cute/uplifting/humorous etc.? Do you sometimes make or pick WEIRD/strange/confusing/disturbing ATCs?
(If you´re a regular visitor of my blog, you already know that I´m not a big fan of those popular affirmations that make you feel good, but most often prefer words and images that make you think - how about you? What do you seek when you´re looking at artwork of any kind? And what do you think about "ugly" but true art?)
I´m really curious if these two ATCs will be shelf warmers in my ATC album or if they´ll find new homes ...

4 comments:

Tammara said...

These are awesome! I say, leave "cute" to Hello Kitty.

Electra said...

I like the colours you used and the artsy quality of these!

pinkglitterfae said...

for my ACEOs I do like to paint cute illustrations, but for larger art, I definitely like more 'quirky' I guess you could say.
I also love words that make you think.

it's funny though that my art with thought provoking words is the art that seems to sit in my shop the longest. So you can never tell what people want to buy, you may as well create for yourself!

Renee said...

These are great, I prefer unusual not cute artwork.