Pages

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Zeppelin

For this week´s Sunday Postcard Art challenge that I´m guest hosting, I´ve chosen "Zeppelin" as a theme. Graf Ferdinand von Zeppelin died 100 years ago, in March 1917. He invented those "flying cigars" that were named after him and that have been used between peace and war, transporting mail as well as people. And there´s an old song by Otto Reutter from 1909 documented here - isn´t it weird? And did you know that my favourite band is Led Zeppelin?

I´ve made two samples for you: The one above was made using a background made with Distress Oxide stamp pads, images from a magazine about postage stamps, a real postage stamp, and rubber stamps from Bo Bunny, Marianne Designs, Makistamps, Oxford Impressions, and See D´s.

My digital card below was made with images from Angie Young, Crafty Button Designs, Manuela Zimmermann, Holliewood Studios, Itkupilli, Magical Reality, and Finecrafted Designs.

If you check your images, I´m sure you´ll find some great ones, too, and I hope you´ll be inspired to play with that theme this week!

5 comments:

Deann said...

Great postcards both and a fun challenge...thanks.

Mandy Chilvers said...

I love both of these. gorgeous-ness. thanks for hosting :-)

ULKAU said...

Tolle Postkarten, Marion!
Ha, den Luftpoststempel hab ich auch... auf dem Medina günstig gebraucht geschossen!
Glückwunsch noch nachträglich - hab's mal wieder nicht rechtzeitig geschafft!
Liebe Grüße - Ulrike

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Both are fantastic.

Cindy McMath said...

These cards are both wonderful Marion - I can see what Mandy couldn't pick one! I love the way you put images together and your use of colour!