Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Shopping with Mom

When I was a child, I didn´t get many clothes that were bought especially for me - I had to wear what was left from my two older sisters (and was completely out of fashion when it was "mine" five respective eight years later ...)
Then when I was about ten to twelve years old, my mom went shopping with me and one of my sisters to buy clothes for us, and that´s among my worst childhood memories, really! We returned in the evening after hours of hours in the shops with lots of stuff I didn´t even like (mostly socks and underwear and some things my mom considered to be practical and durable). Half of the time it was totally boring for me because she talked to the vendors while I had to wait, and I also hated having to try on different clothes, especially because I didn´t like most of them. So that´s the story behind my digital collage above - the little boy is trying on clothes and waiting patiently until his mom will tell him it´s enough and he can have the ice cream she has promised him as a reward for the awful shopping afternoon ...
It´s amazing how sometimes looking at a collection of images can bring up memories you thought you´d lost a long time ago ... (I wish there had been a reward for me and my sister in those days in the past!)
(All images by Tumble Fish Studio at DeviantScrap.com.)

2 comments:

diana said...

Danke fürs Vorbeischauen :)
ich bin ja ganz fasziniert von Deinen digitalen Collagen- mein persönlicher Favorit war der letzte Header, der mit den Rosen...
liebe Grüße!

theresa martin said...

Such a lovely collage came out of your painful memory! Great story, and go get yourself an ice cream...never too late to have a reward.