Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Alcohol Lift-Ink - First Attempts

Have you already tried the new Alcohol Lift-Ink pad? Here I have a few photos of my first attempts for you. You start by dripping several alcohol inks on a non-porous surface like Yupo paper, and then stamp on that background with a well cleaned stamp inked with that new ink. The stamp lifts up the ink and leaves a white print, and you can then print the colours left on your stamp on a porous surface (I used watercolour paper here) to get two lovely backgrounds in the end.

My detail photo below shows a further step that I tried on the dragonfly piece by overstamping with black archival ink - I love the shadow effect in my result.

1 comment:

ULKAU said...

Jetzt erst hast du es ausprobiert, mit einem richtig schönen Ergebnis! Interessant, dass es auch auf Aquarellpapier funktioniert...muss ich auch mal probieren.
Liebe Grüße Ulrike