Pages

Sunday, March 08, 2020

The World is my Oyster

I love to follow a given theme and let my intuition do the rest ... this is how this card for this week´s Sunday Postcard Art challenge themed "Vintage Cars" came together. I knew that I wanted to use the lovely car stamp from Red Lead, then I put together a background from two papers and a map strip. Next I added a lady made from junk mail combined with legs from Holliewood Studios. I decided to use the English quote and the house from Red Lead and added their pencils on the right, then the German quote and the postal stamps. Do you remember that song from Frankie Goes To Hollywood that started with "The World is my Oyster"? My mind really meandered tonight ...
This card is dedicated for my long-time friends at Red Lead - many thanks for years of friendship, ladies!

7 comments:

Rosie said...

Eine sehr geniale Karte, Marion

Rika said...

Eine super Karte!
danke fürs mitmachen.

katrin said...

Genial & clever, wie immer!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful artwork.

Deann said...

A cute and clever card.

Cindy McMath said...

Fabulous card Marion - I enjoyed reading about your process too!

Michele said...

i love the look on her face. this is a wonderful collage of diverse elements. xo