Pages

Sunday, September 06, 2020

Home is the Sailor

When I was young, I loved to watch "The Onedin Line" (1971-1980), a British series about a shipping company in the 19th century, and travelling in those times was so dangerous that it really was an event when a ship reached its home again. This is what I´ve had in my mind when I´ve made this "ships" themed postcard for this week´s  Sunday Postcard Art challenge.
When travelling, I like to be where I´m going, and sometimes I like the way to go there, but what I always love is coming HOME. What about you?
(I´ve used stamps from Carabelle, Marianne Design and Mirkwood for it.)

7 comments:

abby j said...

Clever blending of images, Marion...looks terrific!

Michele said...

such pretty colors, this is lovely. xo

Sabine said...

perfekt!!!

Rosie said...

Perfekt und brilliant, eine sehr schöne Karte, liebe Marion

Rika said...

Sehr schön.

katrin said...

Genau - perfekte Umsetzung! :-)
Briefmarken-Fan bin ich auch und deine passt einfach toll.
Schönen Sonntag & liebe Grüße
(2. Versuch zum Kommentieren)

Cindy McMath said...

Wow! Love this Marion. I am like you - I’d rather be there or here - the getting there doesn’t interest me. I’m not terribly in love with flying and I have never been on a proper ship (just a local ferry). I don’t mind the train, but not for long. I’d rather drive if possible! Beautiful card.