Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Caged

 

I´m the host for this week´s Sunday Postcard Art challenge, and I´ve chosen "Caged" as my theme.

In times of Corona, these might be your feelings while being quarantined or social distancing, staying at home. But feelings are very individual.

You might feel caged in a partnership you´re unhappy with or would like to leave. Freedom is something that everyone has to define for her-/himself - being free as a bird will always stay a dream.

And some of us even feel the need of rules to feel safe. What is your nest may feel like a cage for somebody else. Some people even feel caged within their own body. How about you? Do you feel caged right now or have you ever experienced that feeling?

My rubber stamped postcard above was made with stamps from Visible Image and Coosa Crafts, and the digital sample below was made using images from Mary Bailey (Miles Beyond the Moon) and Mr. Whiskers.

6 comments:

Michele said...

both of your art pieces are thoughtful and stunning pieces. i had a similar idea to your second piece. gorgeous art and i like your musings. take good care, xo

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely art pieces. Your skeleton one was great thinking outside the box. I have been feeling like I'm prison, due to covid-19 and me trying to stick to only going out when it's essential to do so. And the feeling is getting worse, now that the holidays are approaching, and I can't see my loved ones.

Cindy McMath said...

Wonderful cards Marion, and what a great, thought-provoking pair of cards. I loved the first one that Mandy used as our inspiration card, but the other one is amazing too. That couple barely fits in their cage - you can just feel the claustrophobia. Thanks for hosting this week!

Deann said...

Marion both of your cards and your challenge are terrific, and wonderfully thoughtful.
Like most everyone else I am pacing the cage and find it hard to see so many people around the world suffering. However I want you all to know that my artwork and friends like you here on SPA and on all the challenge sites, save me on a daily basis. I am very grateful to have something to do to escape for a little while and friends to connect with and enjoy what they have created. So take care of you, and thank you for you comments and beautiful artwork.

katrin said...

Marion - beide Werke sind einfach nur TOLL!!! Ich habe es leider nicht geschafft, etwas zum Thema zustande zu bringen ...
Momentan fehlt mir ganz oft die Lust, überhaupt anzufangen. :-(
Schönen Sonntag & 1 Advent noch für dich!
Liebe Grüße
Katrin

The Styling said...

Enjoying your creative posts and the inspiration helps hide the walls of my Corona Cage.