Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Snail Mail - a true story

 

Yes, this IS a true story, as the words on the left tell you. My sister sent me a package from Berlin on February 8. It couldn´t be delivered when it arrived in my town on February 10 because of the LOADS of snow we´ve had then. Okay. The same day, I found a card in my mailbox (how did it get there if the parcel service couldn´t reach my address??) that told me my package was handed over to a shop far away from me. I couldn´t go there because of the snow, so I applied for a second delivery three days later, which was confirmed by email. I´ve been waiting for my package on February 13 but it didn´t arrive. So when the snow had melted a bit and it was possible to go to a post office, I asked what I could do, and they couldn´t even find out where my package was - the shop told to me on that card has been closed for a whole week because of the snow so they couldn´t even tell me if my package ever arrived there. They asked me to wait. Then yesterday, I saw online that they told me the package wasn´t fetched by me - well, of course not as I had applied for a second delivery (which was written on the same web page). So today, I called the hotline a second time to ask what to do, but it didn´t help - my package had been sent back to Berlin last night and was delivered to my sister by noon. So the postal service is still alive and working, it just didn´t do what it should. Another phone call (couldn´t have done by me but had to be made by my sister) and she got an online refund to send the package again. Please pray for me that I´ll get it this time!!

This was the loooong story, and you can see the advantage of visual art: it really makes long stories short.

My card says it all with the help of rubber stamps - isn´t that easier? 

And guess what - this week´s theme for the Sunday Postcard Art challenge is "Snail Mail"!

10 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Love your card and your long story!!!

Michele said...

i guess you should gift this art to the post office! what an incredible story. fingers crossed you get your package. your art is perfection. xo

Rika said...

klasse

Kyra said...

I love this so much!!!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great stamps and colors.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love this card and your story in so many ways! Best wishes for a successful journey to you this time! xoxo

Rosie said...

Eine ganz fantastische Karte, liebe Marion

ginag said...

What a long involved story......I don't think a made up version would be any better! I loved your snail mail art, but I really got it when I read this post. Postal madness seems to be universal. We got notice here in Oregon that my package had been delivered...it had, to a Texas address 5 states away from us in Oregon. Go figure? Carry on Marion and keep us "posted" to package #2's arrival.

Cindy McMath said...

Oh my goodness! I hope it makes its way back soon. The biggest mystery to me is how that card got delivered when your package couldn’t! Love the card you made!!

fairyrocks said...

Thanks for popping by my blog Marion. I love your creations. I think your postage stamp people were the first ones I had ever seen, way back 'cough' when! Your generous video is inspiring our newest group swaps. Thanks for joining in!!
Well, your package will be well traveled by the time it reaches you. In Canada, if something loops back, we can take it in person to a mail outlet. Show the teller and adjust it right there without having to pay more {unless that was the reason for the return} In which case postage paid is still valid. Sometimes I think it is the automated systems. Everything is just a number.