Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2022

Edgy


Usually, we use the rule of the golden ratio when making art, dividing our surface in thirds and putting our focus on one third - even if we don´t think about the design and balance. So I thought it would be nice to try something different and concentrate on the edges of our cards!

But of course this theme is a play on words and you can also think of something eccentric (which is again something out of focus) in any way ... 

I hope you´ll be inspired by this open theme and play with us for this week´s Sunday Postcard Art challenge. I can´t wait to see your cards!

I have used rubber stamps from Dina Wakely and Stamp Camp for my card. 

8 comments:

Mandy Chilvers said...

You always think of such out of the box themes! Love your card! Thanks for hosting

Aimeslee Winans said...

Yay for Stamp Camp! Thanks for keeping Mary's art alive. I do so myself on occasion...xoxo

Michele said...

i love what you made, i tried to be a bit edgy and stay to the edges... xo

katrin said...

Wie immer sehr inspirierend und klasse umgesetzt.
Schönen, sturmfreien Sonntag wünsche ich dir :-)53861636154204325&isPopup=true

Rosie said...

Eine supertolle Karte, gefällt mir sehr.

Schönen Sonntag noch

peggy gatto said...

Lovely idea and card!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I like what you've done, and it is a fun way to refocus our artwork. I thought it was "edgy", so I made a second one, that is "edge", and posted both. (I hope you don't mind.)

Sim said...

It was really a great challenge theme Marion!
And I love your personal interpretation.
I love the off-centering layout, the graffitti-painting-art-outsider effects and all these magnificent materials and textures.
Well played indeed!!