Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2022

My Body is a Cage

 
You wouldn´t believe how many birdcage stamps I own, so when I saw this week´s Sunday Postcard Art challenge theme Birdcage, I knew I´d make something. But it wasn´t before I went through my stamps that I knew I´d use THIS really unusual one by Nonsequitur. It´s based on a Magritte painting from 1937 called "The Therapist" that exists in a few different versions. If you google it, you´ll even find interpretations from actual therapists ... but I decided to make my own one based on a song by Arcade Fire, "My Body is a Cage", also featured by Peter Gabriel.

My Body is a cage that keeps me
from dancing with the one I love
but my mind holds the key.

6 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Very clever!!

Katrin said...

Applaus, Applaus, Applaus - das ist dir wieder einmal total KLASSE gelungen. (Und ich habe wieder etwas gelernt. *lach*. Diesen Stempel von Non Sequitour kannte ich noch gar nicht ... ;-)
Schönen Sonntag &
liebe Grüße Katrin

Rosie said...

Meine Güte, was für ein obergeniales Werk. Ich bin hin und weg.

Danke für's Mitmachen

Michele said...

this is DEEP. wonderfully done. xo

Sandra Wright. said...

Your postcard is awesome..I really like it a lot. x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Nice! They do have some weird stamps. I have one, I guess it's enough, lol. Love your interpretation of the lyrics. xoxo