Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2022

Metamorphosis

 

Anyone interested in literature should have read Franz Kafka´s "Metamorphosis" ("Die Verwandlung" in the German original) from 1912, edited in 1915. And it really pays to read it again and again because you always discover something new that you haven´t noticed earlier. Though Kafka doesn´t mention a beetle as the result of Gregor Samsa´s metamorphosis, most of us read this between the lines. 

This is the reason why I´ve chosen Kafka´s story for my card for this week´s Sunday Postcard Art challenge themed "Beetles". 

6 comments:

Rosie said...

Was für eine grandiose Idee, genial umgesetzt.

Rika said...

Cool!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great idea and wonderful art piece.

Deann said...

Great literature and a great card.

Michele said...

well this is brilliant! well done. xo

Aimeslee Winans said...

Nice art piece and great novella! I read it in college back in the 70's and was blown away by it. Plus, my Lit professor said he'd turned into a cockroach, which made it all the more gross. I was amazed at Kafka's imagination. I've actually read it again, and you are right about it! xoxo