Space is the theme Sabine has chosen as this week´s Sunday Postcard Art challenge theme. In fact I made my card in her stamping room, using a combination of her stamps and my own, but my card looks completely different from her sample card.
I have never dreamed of travelling to foreign galaxies, and there are only a few science fiction movies about the theme that I like, but when I rode through the August night by bike tonight, I´ve been hypnotized by the starlit sky that was just amazingly bright. Next week there will be falling stars again, and though I´ve only seen a single one in my life, it has been a great moment. So while I´m not much fascinated by spaceships and astronauts, I really like watching the stars in summer nights. Oh, and before I forget it: When I read Samantha Harvey´s wonderful book "Orbital" ("Umlaufbahnen" in German) I really loved it because it brings up so many interesting thoughts about space flights and what astronauts really do (a lot of science) and think about while being so far from their life on earth that goes on without them for a while - it´s really worth reading it.



2 comments:
this is some truly masterful stamping, wow! brilliantly done., xo
perfekt wie immer.....
Post a Comment