Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Longing For Colour

Maybe you´ve noticed that I didn´t join any blog challenges for some time (not even my favourite ones!) and that I haven´t posted much lately!? Well, that´s my usual behaviour in December because it takes weeks to make my annual calligraphed calendar (as a gift for my mother) that I´m doing for her since 1988. It combines my favourite quotes and poems written in several script types and b/w newspaper photos from my own collection. So the whole calendar is b/w, and during the whole month of December I always feel a lack of colour. But while I can´t wait to pull out my paints and stamp pads and pencils, there´s just NO TIME LEFT for that.
And then I take a look outside, and what I see is just white again ...

4 comments:

peggy gatto said...

How lovely!!!
I hope we can see more, please!
Merry Christmas!!!

Jane Farr said...

What a great tradition Marion; I imagine your mother looks forward to receiving her beautiful calendar each year. Wonderful Uncial pictured here, and I'd love to see more! I've always sensed your love of letterforms in your works. :-)

Lorraine said...

What a wonderful memory you create each year for your mother. I imagine she really looks forward to receiving her calendar. I hope you share more once she receives it. I love the snow - we don't get much in my area so always enjoy seeing winter photos. Happy holidays!

creativelenna said...

i can see why you are longing for colour, Marion... but! What a beautiful and wonderful project. I would love to see more.
lenna