Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2019

Charlie Chaplin

You´ll hardly find anyone who doesn´t know Charlie Chaplin´s name, and most of us have been watching his films and have laughed about them. But what I really adore about him and his work is that he made us laugh about things that aren´t funny at all, and I´ve always been interested in his indirect political statements and their consequences for his life - if you haven´t heard about these, I recommend an internet research.
For my card for this week´s Sunday Postcard Art challenge themed "Charlie Chaplin" I´ve used a portrait from Carmen´s Veranda and a stamp with a scene from "Modern Times" (Stempelbar), and in my opinion the words from Dina Wakley fit perfectly.

And as Lost Coast Designs and Carmen´s Veranda have a new challenge theme called "For the Men" right now, this card is my entry for it - please check it out here:


10 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This looks great. The words do fit well. Lovely artwork.

Deann said...

Fabulous I love everything about this.

Michele said...

this is truly marvelous! beautifully done. xo

Anonymous said...

Total cool!

peggy gatto said...

Great fun card!!!

Cindy McMath said...

Fabulous card Marion!

Laurie said...

Oh this is awesome! Love the Charlie stamp from CV and what a brilliant idea to use the Model Times stamp for his body. Perfect! Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Joyce Berger said...

Love the art and the quote, pertains to most people!

Mandy Chilvers said...

totally love this Marion. fantastic work

ionabunny said...

I love the Carmen's Veranda Charlie Chaplin stamp and also how you combined it with the other one. A wonderful card and tribute to the man. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz