Pages

Sunday, May 03, 2020

Egyptian

I haven´t used my Egypt themed rubber stamps for a loooong time, but as this week´s Sunday Postcard Art challenge theme is "Egyptian", I´ve pulled them out again. I didn´t want to make the usual brown and gold stuff but decided to let the colours pop, and I tried to combine the stamps in an unusual way.
Part of this concept was to use words that aren´t usually used with this theme but go with it nevertheless.
When we think of ancient Egypt, we think of mummies, and I´ve used some stylized ones as my focal point here - but think one step further, and they illustrate the human wish to be immortal. This is where the quote stamp came to my mind (that also seemed quite up-to-date to me in days of Corona ... even if there are many, many rainy afternoons, a stamper and reader won´t have to fear boredom).
I have uploaded a big version, so please click on the image to see all the details.

(stamps used here are from Zettiology, Nick Bantock, Carabelle, Hero Arts, A Capella, and Darkroom Door)

6 comments:

Michele said...

this is a stunner, well done! i love the 3D aspect of it! xo

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is fantastic. You created a beautiful piece with the stamps and colors you used. I like that quote. It is fitting for ancient Egypt and now. Thank you for joining SPA this week.

abby j said...

Fabulous, Marion! Love your choice of images to blend...unique and wonderful!!

indybev said...


You used your stamps artfully, and the end result is great!! The quote is so true. We're always seeking some great happening and missing all the little golden moments!

Cindy McMath said...

Fabulous card Marion! I love the stylized stamps mixed with the more “traditional” as well as the colours you’ve used. The quote is perfect!

Dani D said...

sehr schön!!!!