Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2020

For Love

For many of us, the Middle Ages have something romantic about it - the knight in shining armour is still in our minds though we know that these times didn´t smell well, people were poor, and romantic love was a fiction.
I´ve been working on medieval manuscripts for more than four years, and if you´ve ever met them, you´re infected for the rest of your life. Gottfried von Strassburg´s Tristan and Isold has been one of my exam subjects many years ago, and it´s one of the most wonderful books I´ve ever read.
My sister Sabine has chosen "The Middle Ages" as this week´s Sunday Postcard Art challenge theme, and I couldn´t resist making a card about love in those faraway times.
(I´ve used rubber stamps from VLVS, Hampton, and Stampington for my card.)

5 comments:

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful work and how interesting your study of this period in time!

Sabine said...

eine perfekte Karte zum Thema!

Michele said...

chivalry lives! well done! such delightful color and imagery. xo

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This piece is beautiful. Great stamps and colors.

Mary M. said...

Beautifully done.