Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2021

Getting Older

 

I´m hosting this week´s Sunday Postcard Challenge, and I´ve picked "Old Age" as the theme. 
For my card, I´ve used rubber stamps from A Capella, LaBlanche, and Klartext, and I´ve typed one of my favourite poems from Ulla Hahn about getting older. Bare with me when I try to give you a translation that doesn´t show the beauty of the original words of course ...

hesitate in the midst of a sentence
inquiring when you think you understood
not to be in a hurry anymore with wanting to know
a stone a glass a hand holding longer than necessary
touching the sleeve of your counterpart when talking
to feel you´re still here
to lose a book a view a skin
and don´t want to find it anymore
remembering instead of longing for
the thought: all this will be here when I`m not
train like a muscle
a feeling like someone were in the room

I think there´s a lot to think about in these verses - what are your ideas about getting older?

I can´t wait to see your interpretations of this theme!

7 comments:

Deann said...

A wonderful card and a fun challenge...Thanks


Michele said...

the verses are stunningly beautiful. the older i get the more welcome the idea of old age! thanks for this challenge and for your beautiful and touching creation. xo

Rika said...

schöne Karte, klasse Stempel.

Rosie said...

Eine sehr schöne Karte mit tollem farbigen Hintergrund

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great art piece, and thought provoking words.

I'd prefer to keep my own thoughts about my growing older to myself.

Cindy McMath said...

A wonderful card Marion! I mentioned in my post having a hard time finding images of older people in magazines or books. A friend commented the other day that since turning 60 she’s become invisible. I think she might be onto something - maybe we are in a science fiction movie!

Sandra Wright. said...

An awesome postcard, love the theme.
I've managed to get my postcard made and uploaded to Sunday Postcard Art..x