Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

C as in Childhood

My letter C pages in my Alphabet Discovery book are about my childhood. I´ve written the text in a stream of consciousness, and I`ve written it in two directions so that it´s hard to read for other people. The point is that it says what childhood has been for me. It has been very much black and white, not only because photos and TV have been b/w then - the whole life seemed to me as a picture waiting to be coloured when I grew older. It´s amazing that I´m looking quite happy on most of my childhood photos, and these are two of my favourites.
Isn´t that a wonderful phrase at the upper right? It really gives hope, so it deserved a bit of colour.

8 comments:

Glenda said...

Fabulous Marion.
I have started my first page. I am doing D....... so better get a move on and finish it

Eliza said...

Marion you pages look great and love the idea about writing in 2 directions.

Anonymous said...

Such soulful pages here. the photos of you are dear.
xo,
Gaye

Jane Farr said...

Great post Marion. I was really drawn to this spread - love your handwriting and the images too!

Rosie said...

Marion - that's a lovely saying... and also I love that you made the whole spread in black and white! It's wonderful! =)

Elizabeth Golden said...

I really like these pages Marion. The importance of Childhood really came out in your pages. I am so glad you made it through and are the creative beautiful woman you are now!

Diana said...

ich bin beeindruckt und sehr berührt-schwarz und weiß. Das hat so ein "kenn ich doch"-Gefühl ausgelöst und ich liebe den Spruch. Soulful pages- aber sowas von :)

Colette said...

Very moved. I just adore.