Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Heart Garden

The theme for Colette´s tip-in book is Heart Garden, and she wants it to be a "peaceful garden sanctuary" with vintage flowers, no real feathers and seeds allowed, no red and black on one page, no biblical stories or nudity. Well - that wasn´t easy for me, especially as my first thought was about taking the theme literally by using hearts and flowers, and when using a black stamp pad I couldn´t use any red on my pages. So I tried a blue and green background and added some bright yellow and some vintage feeling with brown stamping and edging. I hope she won´t mind that I didn´t use flowers to surround my little family but went for images of weeds from old books because weeds haven´t been sown at all, and in the meantime I had fallen in love with that quote by Thomas Fuller, an English physician who lived from 1654-1734, from his book "Gnomologia".





8 comments:

Colette said...

What a heartfelt experience. I will make sure to water these beauties.

Hi Marion. What a beautiful design. It's so clever and meaningful. Deep. It feels like a garden of philosophy and play and love. It just makes me stop and think and ponder. Each plant has so much to say. I treasure it and can't wait to see it!

Muckypup said...

Hi Marion,
I have just spent the last few days bemoaning the number of weeds on our allotment, and thinking how much easier it would be just to go to sainsbury's! You have made me remember all the reasons why we started in the first place, and I will try really hard to embrace the weeding when I next go down , and remember the peace and head space I enjoy so much when I go down there and spend hours and hours weeding!

Cindy McMath said...

Marion, this is an absolutely stunning spread!

Would make some great ATCs or postcards too. :)

Love it!!

Cindy :)

johanna said...

was warst du wieder fleißig die letzten tage!! und dieser bucheintrag ist wieder sonderklasse!!

Laura said...

All I can say is that I just love your work. I don't always leave a comment because basically it would say the same thing every time! How about some tutorials so we can see how you approach your makes. The layers, techniques etc. They are fab!

Kerstin said...

Das hat 'ne umwerfende Atmosphäre, boah! Außerdem bin ich sehr angetan von dem Wort Gnomologie - auch wenn ich jenes 'ner ganz anderen Wissenschaft zugerechnet hätte. ;-) Hach, ich mag sowas. *gg

.Trudi Sissons said...

This is beautiful Marion - your work always has so much insight into it. I admire that!

Lorraine said...

Sounds like this was a challenge! Turned out beautiful.